Adilas Is Pleased to Announce API Integration with Colorado’s Metrc Tracking System.
Colorado elected Metrc as their statewide Cannabis Tracking System, and Adilas has now made connecting to the Metrc system easier with our API Integration Tools.
If you haven’t yet procured an API key from Metrc, follow these steps:
- Apply and receive your business license from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED), following all application procedures and regulations required of you. To answer more questions on this step, you can find the MED licensing website here, or if you are ready to start the process, please visit the State website here for Medical Facilities or here for Recreational Facilities.
- Once the MED has awarded you a license, you should be clear to register for training or get more information on the Metrc Colorado website (www.metrc.com/colorado), or schedule training by clicking here:At this point, you can choose to watch a few training videos, or go ahead and sign all of your employees up for training. We recommend that you carefully read and understand the Metrc requirements for training certification in CO before signing up and completing training.
- Once the training has been completed and Metrc has awarded you the certifications required, you can sign into the Metrc system by visiting www.metrc.com and clicking the “log in” link on the home page and selecting Colorado from the dropdown menu.
- Click the link “First Time Users, use your log-in key” at the bottom of the page and enter in your Metrc issued login key from the welcome email to set up your user name and password.
- Once logged in, a member of management will need to click on the user profile in the top left corner and select “API Keys” from the pulldown menu.
- Click the “Generate” Button and your new custom API key will be generated. Copy that API by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl and C (on PC) or Command and C (on Mac) to save it to your system memory.
Once you have an API Key:
- From your Metrc API Homepage, click on the link for “Metrc API Setup”.
- Scroll down the page until you see the Metrc logo.
- Switch the Authorization field from “No Thanks – Keep this door closed” to “Yes – I want to open this door!”
- Paste the new API key that Metrc gave you into the field labeled “Metrc User API Key”.
- Type your license number into the field labeled “License Number”.
- Select “CO” from the “State” field.
- Select “Transactional (live, each invoice as created)” from the Sales Reporting Connection Type pulldown menu.
- Click the “Save Settings” button.
- Your Adilas system is now connected to Metrc.
We encourage you to use the information and tools found here and on the MED website (here) or the CDPHE website (here) to become a successful industry licensee in this expanding market. We look forward to working with you as you grow.
Other Helpful Links:
Colorado MED Licensing Page: MED Licensing Requests
CO Metrc: Metrc/CO
Metrc Support Page: Metrc Support
Adilas News & Updates: News & Updates
Metrc Homepage: Metrc Homepage