Adilas Is Pleased to Announce API Integration with Louisiana’s Metrc Tracking System.
Louisiana has elected Metrc to be their statewide Cannabis Tracking System, and Adilas has made connecting to the new Metrc system easier with our API Integration Tools.
If you haven’t yet procured an API key from Metrc, follow these steps:
- Apply and receive your business approval from the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF), following all application procedures and processes required. To answer more questions on this step, you can find the (LDAF) guidance website here.
- Once the (LDAF) has awarded you a license, you should be clear to register for training on Metrc’s Louisiana website (here), or schedule training by clicking here. At this point, you can choose to watch a few training videos, or go ahead and sign all of your employees up for training. Please read the Metrc requirements for training certification for Louisiana here.
- Once the training has been completed and Metrc has awarded you the certifications required, you can sign into the Metrc system by visiting www.metrc.com and clicking the “log in” tab on the home page, then selecting Louisiana from the dropdown menu. You can jump straight to the login page here.
- Click the link “First Time Users, use your log-in key” at the bottom of the page and enter in your Metrc issued login key to set up your login user name and password.
- Once logged in, click on the user profile in the top right corner and select “API Keys” from the pulldown menu.
- Click the “Generate” Button and your new custom API key will be generated. Copy that API by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl and C (on PC) or Command and C (on Mac) to save it to your system memory.
Once you have an API Key:
- From your Metrc API Homepage, click on the link for “Metrc API Setup.”
- Scroll down the page until you see the Metrc logo.
- Switch the Authorization field from “No Thanks – Keep this door closed” to “Yes – I want to open this door!”
- Paste the new API key that Metrc gave you into the field labeled “Metrc User API Key.”
- Type your license number into the field labeled “License Number.”
- Select “LA” from the “State” field.
- Select “Transactional (live, each invoice as created)” from the Sales Reporting Connection Type pulldown menu, or select “Transactional .CSV” if you are wanting to manually check and upload your transactions per day instead of per transaction.
- Click the “Save Settings” button.
- Your Adilas system is now connected to Metrc.
We encourage you to use the information and tools found here and on the LDAF website (here) to become a successful industry licensee in this newly established market. We eagerly look forward to working with you as you grow in this emerging industry.
Some other helpful links:
LDAF Licensing Page: LDAF Licensing Requests
LA Metrc: Metrc/LA
Metrc Support Page: Metrc Support
Adilas News & Updates: News & Updates
Metrc Homepage: Metrc Homepage
LA Login Homepage: Louisiana Metrc